Client confidentiality and information barriers
Each barrister at Ropewalk Chambers is an independent, self-employed practitioner who is instructed on a case-by-case basis. As one of the leading regional civil sets, our barristers are often retained by opposing sides in the same dispute. To ensure that confidentiality is maintained, we operate a strict information barriers protocol, details of which can be provided to both professional and lay clients upon request.
We take the protection of our clients’ data extremely seriously and have implemented an information security management system that is compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013, the international standard for information security. We were certified by the British Standards Institute (BSI) in April 2019.
The information security management system provides a structure of controls that enables our clients to place reliance on us in ensuring their data will be held securely and used only in accordance with their requirements.
Provision of Services
The following information is provided in compliance with the terms of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009.
- All members of Ropewalk Chambers are sole practitioners.
- All members of Ropewalk Chambers are barristers registered with the Bar Standards Board. The names under which each such barrister is registered are as they appear on the Barristers’ page of this website (unless the given name is abbreviated or a middle name is used).
- Professional services provided by barristers in Ropewalk Chambers are generally provided in accordance with The Standard Contractual Terms for the Supply of Legal Services by Barristers to Authorised Persons 2012.
- Professional services are provided by barristers in Ropewalk Chambers under the law of England and Wales and any dispute arising is to be determined in accordance with that law.
- All members of Ropewalk Chambers have professional liability insurance provided by the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Limited of 90 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4ST and at www.barmutual.co.uk. Territorial coverage is worldwide subject to the terms of cover of the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund which may be viewed here.
- There are certain restrictions regarding any claim brought before the Courts of the United States or Canada. Full details are available from the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund.
- Any complaint about a member of Ropewalk Chambers should be made in accordance with our Complaints Policy.
- Those providing professional instructions to a barrister at Ropewalk Chambers and requiring that barrister’s VAT number should contact the clerking team.
This website and its contents have been prepared for information purposes only.
Any views expressed, or comments made, are those of the individual concerned and do not represent the view of Ropewalk Chambers as a whole.
Every reasonable effort is made to ensure that any information is accurate and up to date, but no responsibility for accuracy and correctness, or for any consequences of relying on such information, is assumed by any individual or by Ropewalk Chambers. The information does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person or organisation, either generally or in relation to any specific case or matter. You are expressly advised to obtain specific, personal advice about any individual case or matter and not to rely on any information contained herein.