Mini-pupillages form an important part of our recruitment process.
We regard them not only as an opportunity for you to gain first-hand experience of life in Chambers but also as providing you with an opportunity to demonstrate your abilities and aptitude for a successful career at the Bar.
Seven out of our last ten pupils attended mini-pupillage with us.
During your three days with us you will have the opportunity to read and consider briefs and instructions. Where possible, we will arrange for you to attend court with a barrister and / or sit in on a conference as well as spending time in Chambers.
It is not our usual policy to offer any individual applicant a second mini-pupillage here. You should, therefore, think carefully about the timing of your application.
During the period of mini-pupillage, all reasonable expenses would be met. In exceptional cases of need, reimbursement of travel expenses would also be considered. Please email the Senior Clerk should you wish to seek reimbursement of expenses.
Criteria for offer of mini-pupillage at Ropewalk Chambers:
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record and should have gained, or expect to gain, at least an upper second class degree
- Undergraduate applicants should be reading law and are generally in their second or third year
- Postgraduate applicants whose first degree was not in law should be reading or have completed a law conversion course
- Applicants should be committed to a career at the independent Bar of England and Wales and should be prepared to demonstrate that commitment
- Applicants should be seriously considering an application to Ropewalk Chambers for a full pupillage in due course.