29 July 2020
Philip Turton Becomes President of The Nottinghamshire Law Society
It has been a significant year for Philip Turton. Philip became the first member of Ropewalk Chambers to become President of the Nottinghamshire Law Society. His presidency holds further significance as he is the first President appointed who has acted solely as a barrister throughout their career.
Philip’s appointment at the Society’s AGM in June was slightly unusual. Due to the ongoing pandemic, it was held virtually via video conference. This is the first time this has happened in the Society’s 145-year history.
We congratulate Philip and wish him the best of luck in this role over the coming year.
To read Philip’s inaugural speech, please click here.
- Jayne Adams QC Appointed a Master of the Bench of Gray's Inn
- Appeal by Claimant's Former Solicitor Dismissed Following the Discontinuation of a Noise-Induced Hearing Loss Case
- Christmas Opening Hours 2020
- Andrew Lyons is Appointed as a Recorder
- Ropewalk Chambers Achieves Top Tier Recognition in the 2021 Edition of Legal 500