18 December 2020
Appeal by Claimant's Former Solicitor Dismissed Following the Discontinuation of a Noise-Induced Hearing Loss Case
Nikhil Arora recently successfully acted for the one of the defendants at an appeal in the case of Hunt v Annolight Ltd, unreported.
On 18 December 2020, Mr Justice Saini sitting in Birmingham, dismissed an appeal by a claimant's former solicitor who had been ordered to attend for cross-examination at a hearing for wasted costs, following the discontinuance of a noise-induced hearing loss case.
The solicitor had argued that the judgment of Bingham LJ in Ridehalgh v Horsefield operated as a jurisdictional bar to such an order, but this was rejected by the Court.
The decision will be of relevance to any defendant solicitors seeking to recover wasted costs from claimant firms in similar cases.
Keep an eye on the Ropewalk Blogs for a further update coming soon.
- His Honour Judge Brian Appleby QC
- Georgina Crawford Wins in the High Court
- Ropewalk Barristers Appointed to the The Attorney General's Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown in 2021
- Jayne Adams QC Appointed a Master of the Bench of Gray's Inn
- Christmas Opening Hours 2020