18 December 2020
Appeal by Claimant's Former Solicitor Dismissed Following the Discontinuation of a Noise-Induced Hearing Loss Case
Nikhil Arora recently successfully acted for the one of the defendants at an appeal in the case of Hunt v Annolight Ltd, unreported.
On 18 December 2020, Mr Justice Saini sitting in Birmingham, dismissed an appeal by a claimant's former solicitor who had been ordered to attend for cross-examination at a hearing for wasted costs, following the discontinuance of a noise-induced hearing loss case.
The solicitor had argued that the judgment of Bingham LJ in Ridehalgh v Horsefield operated as a jurisdictional bar to such an order, but this was rejected by the Court.
The decision will be of relevance to any defendant solicitors seeking to recover wasted costs from claimant firms in similar cases.
Keep an eye on the Ropewalk Blogs for a further update coming soon.
- Jayne Adams QC Appointed a Master of the Bench of Gray's Inn
- Christmas Opening Hours 2020
- Andrew Lyons is Appointed as a Recorder
- Ropewalk Chambers Achieves Top Tier Recognition in the 2021 Edition of Legal 500
- Philip Turton Becomes President of The Nottinghamshire Law Society