18 August 2020
'An Introduction to Ogden 8' by Jason Cox and Gareth McAloon
Jason Cox and Gareth McAloon's latest article is an introduction to the use of latest Ogden Tables, explaining the effects and changes of new life expectancy data, calculation of loss of earnings, and an overview on how to navigate the new Tables.
This article is split into three parts. The first part will discuss the new Tables and the changes resulting from new life expectancy data. The second part will focus on the changes that affect the Ogden recommended methods for calculation of loss of earnings and, in particular, the substantial changes to Section B of the EN which concern the use of reduction factors to reflect contingencies other than mortality. The final part will focus on the use of the Additional Tables via the Excel spreadsheets.
To read the full article, please click here.
- 'Inconsistencies and Inaccuracies are a Fact of Life; but Lies are Positively Manufactured' by Samuel Shelton & Thomas Herbert
- 'Limitation in Industrial Disease Cases where the Defendant is Insolvent' by Philip Godfrey
- Tom Carter Guests on the Affinity Podcast Discussing Claims Involving Japanese Knotweed
- 'Medical Causation, Where Are We Now: Pitfalls and Hurdles' by Cassandra Williams
- 'The Rule in Henderson -v- Henderson and Applications to Amend Statements of Case' by Mark Diggle