- BarristersGraham Machin was called to the Bar in 1965. His specialist areas are planning, environmental law, local governm...Graham Machin
- BarristersSimon Gash was called to the Bar in 1977. His specialist areas of practice are personal injury, clinical neglige...Simon Gash
- BarristersCassandra Williams was called to the Bar in 2010. She was awarded an Exhibition Award by Inner Temple and undert...Cassandra Williams
- BarristersDouglas Herbert was called to the Bar in 1973. He sits as a Recorder on the Midland Circuit. He is ticketed to s...Douglas Herbert
- BarristersEdward James was called to the Bar in 2002. Prior to joining Ropewalk Chambers, he practised for five years in C...Edward James
The defining qualities of Ropewalk Chambers are thorough preparation, attention to detail and expertise. Enhanced by our reputation for approachability and flexibility, our aim is to deliver the highest standards of legal services within a competitive pricing framework.
Whilst we are based in the East Midlands, our reputation is established nationwide, with barristers appearing in courts throughout England and Wales. We have a national reach, at all levels of experience and cost.
Ropewalk Chambers has retained the Quality Mark for the Bar award since 2003 which ensures adherence to documented practice management standards governing the delivery of service provided to all clients. We regularly work to service level agreements and prescribed fee protocols, ensuring best value for our clients.
- Chambers and Partners UK - 2012
While members of Chambers provide specialist services in areas of particular interest to them, the work undertaken generally falls within eleven practice areas:
The European Birds and Habitats Directives as Constraints on Development in Nottinghamshire
12th June 2013 12:30 - 1:30pm
Various Types of Actionable Discrimination under the Equality Act
Clare Haddon, Jonathan Owen
3rd July 2013 12:30 - 1:30pm
Latest News & Articles
12 March 2013
01 February 2013
Pupillage Applications are now open
The General Medical Council (Fitness to Practise and Constitution of Panels and Investigation Committee) (Amendment) Rules Order of Council 2013