16 November 2020
More Likely Than Not: The Civil Standard of Proof Applies to All Short-Form and Narrative Conclusions at Inquests
In this article, Thomas Herbert analyses the Supreme Court’s decision in Maughan, which held that the standard of proof for conclusions of suicide and unlawful killing at inquest is the balance of probabilities.
To read this article, please click here.
- Ropewalk Disease Newsletter | December 2020
- 'Three for the Price of One: A Case Note on Diriye v Bojaj' by Thomas Herbert
- 'Chell v Tarmac - What are the Implications?' by Andrew Lyons
- 'Swift v Carpenter - A Summary' by Philip Turton & Abigail Scott
- 'Inconsistencies and Inaccuracies are a Fact of Life; but Lies are Positively Manufactured' by Samuel Shelton & Thomas Herbert